Friday, May 3, 2013

Fruit-a-Face

After all of our Arizona adventures, I am left in a bit of a blogging lull.  Not to worry, I'll use the lull wisely by planning more adventure days, clothing designs, and kitsch-en kounter entries.  Until then, I leave you with a photo essay I will call "Fruit-a-Face" (a crowd-pleasing pastime that I certainly didn't invent but have tried to perfect over the years).  If ever I get the chance to create an awkward memorable moment in a restaurant, you can be sure that I'll take it!

Keepin' it classy on Catalina Island

Orange you glad you're not with me?
The By-Ways Cafe in Portland, OR.

A kosher dill at Canter's Delicatessen in Los Angeles, CA.

Time for some teeth whitening.
The Busy Apron in Anaheim, CA

I'm not a proud man
Orange slice at Joe's in Santa Barbara, CA.

Apple-slice dentures in the car on the way to Oakland, CA.

The old standby - an orange at Harbor House in Dana Point, CA.

Cantaloupe at Bob's Big Boy Broiler in Downey, CA

It all comes full circle - an orange at Jack's in Avalaon, CA

See, everybody thinks it's hilarious!


Cheers!

Mr. Tiny

p.s. We just created a Tiny & Mary Facebook page for our little, Western-harmony act.  Don't get a hitch in your giddy-up, go on over there and "LIKE" it, please.

26 comments:

  1. You are adorable, Mr. Tiny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't know about adorable... charming, yes. precious, yes. endearing, absolutely. But adorable? Oh, alright, I'll take adorable too. Hahahahaha!!! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hee! Forget fruit. You're a nut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind? Pistachio? Brazil? Macadamia? Pea?

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! Love that you have something kooky that you do in all of your trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha!!! I do something kooky at least three times a day. Now it's funny. Soon it will be eccentric. Then before you know it, I will just be a crazy, old man!

      Delete
  4. fantastic. everyone needs a go-to photo novelty. So glad you have found your niche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, thanks! It's a good one because I will never be too old to perform!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hahaha!!! Thanks Peter! Today cantaloupe, tomorrow honeydew, the next day CASABA!!!

      Delete
  6. Can't take you ANYWHERE!

    No, actually I am much worse when taken anywhere; I have been known to arrange other people's food in rude ways if they make the mistake of leaving their plate unsupervised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha!!! I really am not suitable to be taken out in public. Which just means I'll have to try your trick sometime soon!

      Delete
  7. You're amazing. This made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise!!! I never know what will make people laugh; I'm glad you got a good chuckle!

      Delete
  8. OMG!!!!! I laughed so hard! You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make Giuseppe Arcimboldo proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LV!!!! You may have just inspired our next wacky tacky craft!!!!

      Delete
  10. Love this! Least you're getting your vitamin C wherever you go! I keep teasing friends and family with the threat that I'll start whipping out an enormous novelty lobster bib when the meal arrives at a restaurant. Bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bib idea!!! I might have to borrow that; those oranges are JUICY!!!

      Delete