Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chow Time: Burgermaster


I just got home from a whirlwind tour of the Pacific Northwest.  Upon the sage advice of a friend, my first stop was a Seattle-area institution of fine dining known as BURGERMASTER!  Burgermaster, (est. 1952) has been serving classic, American, haute cuisine (burgers, fries, and shakes) car side to generation after generation of hungry Washingtonians.  While there are multiple locations of this drive-in chain, we visited the original gangster in Bellevue, WA.


I very quickly became obsessed with the Burgermaster logo emblazoned on
every side of the building.

What is not to love?  It is like an atomic, 50's, western, Lincoln, cartoon cattle brand.

And again

The brain trust.
I told these hobos I would buy them lunch if they would stop offering
to sell strangers pictures of their "Space Needle" outside of the
Seattle-Tacoma Airport.

We arrived before lunch hour, and the place was already
packed with hungry customers yearning for a taste of
Burgermaster's cool mid-century architecture, lack of pretense, and BURGERS! 

The whole staff was extremely friendly.
This charming carhop didn't bat an eye when I asked
her to jump in a photo with these ugly mugs.




Even though Burgermaster is a drive-in, we bucked
the system and opted for the "Take-Out Bar."

Love the graphics on the cups!

Unfortunately, Mr. Tiny' current dietary restrictions do not allow for anything as delicious as the food stuffs pictured above.  Therefore, in good conscience, I am unable to stamp Burgermaster with the full and official "wacky tacky seal of approval for the endorsement of delicious refreshments served in a savory manner within an environment untouched by the evil hands of cookie-cutter sterility."  I will say this though, the hobos loved it and one day, I vow to once again become The Burgermaster!

Even if the food wasn't as delicious as it is, how could you say no to this?
(Source)

Burgermaster (Multiple Locations)

10606 Northrup Way
Bellevue, WA
(425)827-9566




Cheers!

Mr. Tiny


p.s. WARNING: Burgermaster can inspire bizarrely beatific behavior in even the most sinister looking miscreant.  If you need proof and if you dare, watch this:

4 comments:

  1. WANT. TO. GO. THERE. I can't believe the logo! It's the coolest. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you must go if you are ever in the greater Seattle area. I can't recommend it based on the food (not one morsel passed these lips) but the building and logo are more than enough to give it my stamp of approval!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just stumbled on this post after searching for my Burgermaster picture on Google on an unrelated note. You have the attribution of the "Ghost Rider in the Sky - The Burgermaster longhorn by night." picture wrong. I took that picture in July of 2005. I'd appreciate it, if you could correct your source link for me. Would you contact me for details, please? oluf dot nissen (at) gmail dot com. Glad you liked the picture enough to use it in this post, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete